10 Things You Didn’t Know About Becoming a Published Author
by: Dermot Davis
1. I didn’t know how easy it was to become a published author.
2. I didn’t know that apart from family and friends no one would care about my published book.
3. I didn’t know it would be so difficult to sell my extraordinary masterpieces as a published author. I have to promote, advertise and market them, what now?
4. I didn’t know that you had to become a publisher – as well as a writer – to become a published author.
5. I didn’t know that there were so many published authors that were competing for fewer readers. A million other books published every year? Seriously?
6. I didn’t know that you had to become a marketing guru to become successful as a published author.
7. I didn’t know how vital social networking was in becoming a published author that sold books.
8. I didn’t know that I needed to take a crash course in book cover design and another course in writing dynamic product descriptions and other such promotional copy that grabbed the reader and enticed them to buy my book!
9. I didn’t know that approximately 80% of self-published books will only sell about 50 copies in their life-time.
10. I didn’t know how absolutely wonderful and invigorating and exciting the whole world of self-publishing can be!!!!
Buy Now @ Amazon
Genre - Romance
Rating – PG13
More details about the author