10 Things You Didn’t Know About Debbie A. Heaton
It doesn’t matter how many conversations you have with an individual or how many questions you ask, there are always things you don’t know about someone. Anyone who has visited my website knows that I’m a professional therapist specializing in behavior modification and currently working with families and children; I live in Southeastern Arizona; I love animals; I’m a fan of classic movies (the late-great Susan Hayward and Jessica Tandy are two of my all-time favorite actresses); I write a parenting column for the Eastern Arizona Courier; and I love children and will do anything for them. Some things that most people don’t know about me include:
- My love of reading and writing began when my parents encouraged me to get out into the community and discover what they had to offer. I discovered the public library and my love for reading was born. To me, every row of books represented opportunities for adventure. According to my mother, whenever she couldn’t find me all she had to do was call the local librarian and there I was. My mother labeled me her “rebel child” in the first grade as I was unable to follow the rules and check out “only one book at a time.” Now I serve on my local library advisory board working to help preserve this necessary institution while promoting the importance of early childhood literacy.
- My mother always told me, “One day I will read a book written by you.” I’m happy to say that my mother lived to see “The Haunting of Wolfe Haven” published.
- I am descended from a long line of firefighters.
- I am terrified of basements and attics probably because as a child, my firefighter grandfather repeatedly told the tale of “Katie the Gorilla” who was reported to make her home in dark places. I’m living proof that such stories really do keep children out of dangerous places.
- I love New Orleans.
- If I could travel anywhere in the world, I would choose to visit Ireland and Scotland.
- I am a die-hard fan of “Longmire” and never miss an episode.
- My favorite author is Heather Graham and while I have read everything she has written I truly enjoy her “Krewe of Hunters” series.
- I find time to write everyday regardless of my work schedule.
- I read Wuthering Heights as a young girl and found myself so fascinated by the characters that I’ve read it more times than I can count. This is the book that inspired me to be a writer myself.
And there you have it—just a short list of “odds and ends” about this author. Who am I? I am many things including a writer.
Buy Now @ Amazon
Genre – Romance (Gothic)
Rating – R for graphic sex and language
More details about the book