10 Tips for Becoming a Better Writer
by Dakota Madison
1) Read as much as possible, especially in the genre in which you would like to write.
2) Write every day, preferably first thing in the morning before your mind gets cluttered with other things.
3) Set writing goals and stick to them.
4) Always finish a project before you start a new one, otherwise you’ll end up with files filled with unfinished projects.
5) Once you’ve finished a project, put it aside for two to four weeks before you even consider rewriting it. This will give you a fresh perspective on the work.
6) Keep in mind that first drafts are usually scrappy. Give yourself permission to write a scrappy first draft that you can fix during the rewrite process.
7)Never edit while you’re writing because it can block the creative process and flow.
8)Don’t compare yourself to other writers. You have a unique perspective and a unique voice.
9)Write the thing you absolutely have to write. If you’re not passionate about a project, no one else will be either.
10)Make writing a priority.
Buy Now @ Amazon
Genre – Contemporary Romance
Rating – R